The night fires are burning, the howls have begun in the strange locked room in Castle Daninsky, and it's time to update the Naschy Blogathon links for the day! People seem to be catching their breath--gearing up for that final two-day push, I hope! Anyway, here's the links since lunchtime:
- Vila Wolf makes up for lost time with a couple of unusual but exquisitely appropriate Naschy tributes on her LiveJournal page, Remember; I hate you all. The first is a look at some Naschybilia, original posters from Walk of the Dead (Vengeance of the Zombies?) and the rare Naschy adventure flick, Tarzan in King Solomon's Mines! (Sadly, I don't think Naschy actually plays Tarzan in that one...talk about missed opportunities!)
- Vila's second contribution is a unique one: a Paul Naschy LiveJournal Mood Theme!1.53 RAR'ed (rrrrawr!) megabytes of Naschy goodness suitable for telling the world how you feel. Says Vila: "It's made of 135 tiny 100x50px images of Paul Naschy. I did my best to represent the entire 40+ year career with Movie stills, Behind the Scenes, Publicity and Promotional photos, Posters, and Book covers... I wanted to make sure it was all there." Wonderful stuff!
- Via Kindertrauma.comhttp://www.kindertrauma.com, MMMMMovies pal Unkle Lancifer has dug up one of the GREATEST THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN EVER: this seven-minutes-plus highlight reel/tribute to the memory of Naschy, featuring all his greatest hits, by Youtube user jetjade! To a groovy techno beat! WATCH IT NOW!!!
- Here at MMMMMovies, The Duke of DVD delves diligently into a rarely-seen stateside flick from the early 80s, the sole Naschy peplum, Los Cantabros! Naschy in a toga? I am SO THERE!
- And also at MMMMMovies, your ever-lovin' Vicar offers another of his Naschy sonnets: "The Hunchback's Lament."