This is it! The last day of the PAUL NASCHY BLOGATHON! And are the Naschy fiends across the worldwide web winding things down? Hardly! Rather, now that the finish line is in site, they seem to be summoning all their energy for one final sprint to glory!
|via Trixie's Treats|
Check out these great links since our last update!
- The enigmatic and awesome ~Trix of art blog Trixie's Treats gets in on the action, with her post, "Naschy Blogathon: the Art of the Movie Poster"--a collection of museum-worthy posters from the great man's films!
- At Exploitation Retrospect, Dan Taylor considers his younger self's lack of interest in Mr. Naschy's work (and then asks that misguided kid, "What took ya so long?!") in his great personal essay, "The Reluctant Naschyphile"!
- Browse some of the fantastic images Pierre Fournier has gathered from selected Naschython posts and elsewhere at his awesome tumblr, Monster Crazy!
- "The movie is composed of plot elements you've seen before, executed in ways you won't see anywhere else." Wolf Man fanatic Teeny (She Who Lurks By Day--love the Lon Chaney Jr. profile pic!) ventures into Naschyland with her review of The Werewolf vs. the Vampire Woman!
- Dr. Gangrene closes out the Naschyfest in style, first with a brief (and unusual) rememberance of working with Naschy from his co-star in Dr. Jekyll and the Werewolf, the delicious Shirley Corrigan! Then the good doctor offers all Naschy fans the chance to win a piece of original art by Rob Brown, a portrait of El Hombre-Lobo suitable for framing! Get over there and enter to win!
- Meanwhile, Alison Nastasi, writer for Cinematical and blogmistress of The Pineal Eye, turns that occult orb on the first Daninsky movie, Frankenstein's Bloody Terror!
- John at Kitley's Krypt offers up his fifth and final entry at the KK Naschyblog, the excellent Daninsky-saga entry (and Naschy's first time directing himself as Waldemar), Night of the Werewolf!
- At Adventures in Nerdliness, Darius Whiteplume takes a moment to look at Naschy's most frequent leading lady, making Julia Saly his ninetieth Nerd Girl of Note! The tireless wizard of all things Nerdy also reviews Naschy's 2004 flick, Countess Dracula's Orgy of Blood! Check it out!
And as always, if I've left you out or overlooked your contribution PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I'm only one man! firstname.lastname@example.org