Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snowed-In, With Benefits

Greetings friends! It is I, the Duke of DVD, sending you warm wishes this frosty 'eve. While you huddle around your wood-burning stove, your breath frosting the air in front of your sallow faces, wishing you could have one more moldy bite from the unleavened biscuit your whole family is forced to share, I have been busy.

Not content to curl my toes within my mink slippers before a roaring hearth, I have instead infused my blood liberally with many a draught of brandy (mixed with gypsy tears, naturally) and then took it upon myself to construct a snow edifice of sorts. I had heard in the local village of this custom, of course, but considered it below my station. Boredom, for lack of a better reason, drove me to engage peasantry of the most base sort, but I must confess I did enjoy it.

And so, I found myself standing, as it were, on an upper balcony, brandy in hand, directing a large team of servants below in my expansive front yard. They have constructed something exquisite, as I'm sure you'll agree. Standing over 30' tall, it shines as a beacon for all passersby:

Click to experience the Duke's Own Snowman.

5 comments:

J. Astro said...

Hahaha! "Frosty the Snow-manhood". :) Nice.

JamiSings said...

You know, of course, you now have to make a snow vulva to go with that.

said...

Color me impressed.

The Vicar of VHS said...

The most difficult part for the Vicar was standing nude in the snow as a model for the Duke's craftsmen.

And yes--Actual Size. :)

Fred said...

I thought it didn't snow by you? The two baseballs could come in handy for a snowball fight, but I think the baseball bat might be a tad bit unwieldy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails