The Paul Naschy Blogathon is off to a roaring start, thanks to some great contributions from some fantastic bloggers! We've got reviews of some of Naschy's well-loved flicks, some obscurities that may have even hardcore fans scratching their heads, some tributes to the man and his characters, and even a DMV connection! Unpossible, you say? Read on!
- The tireless and prolific Darius Whiteplume of Adventures in Nerdliness (and a dozen or so other blogs!) kicks off a week of Naschy by inducting the Mighty Mighty Molina into the AIN's Fan Boy Icon hall of fame: Fan Boy Icon #30: Paul Naschy
- Also, at his tumblr, Darius offers a rare glimpse of the testosterone-dripping Paul Naschy as you've seldom seen him before: in drag!
- Meanwhile, the crew over at Cheese Magnet offers Naschy Newbies a crash-course in the history of his most famous and well-beloved creation, Waldemar Daninsky, El Hombre-Lobo!
- Specific movies are represented as well, as the esteemed Dr. Morbius at Krell Laboratories casts a critical eye on the Naschy classic Horror Rises from the Tomb!
- Inked and irrepressible, Jenn at Cavalcade of Perversions turns back time and reviews The Hunchback of the Morgue!
- Diving deep into the well of Naschy obscurities, Will at Video Junkie shines his light on Jacinto's seldom-seen 1972 flick, The Crimes of Petiot!
- And finally, at Tomb It May Concern, David Zuzelo brings us the story of The Man with the Naschy License plate!
A great start to a great week! I'll be updating the list later in the day, so if you are posting after lunch, or if I missed someone, please let me know either in the comments or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org! Thanks to everyone who's chimed in so far, and thanks everyone who plans to in the coming days!