Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Mad Mad Mad Mad Nativity

Wow, what a day it is for birthdays. Not only is today the anniversary of the birth of such historical notables as King Gustav IV Adolf of Sweden, General George s. Patton, and author Kurt Vonnegut, but also that of b-movie favorite Bill Moseley and less-mad movie stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Calista Flockhart, and Demi Moore (whose boobs, it must be pointed out, are much younger). Further, this date in 1984 saw the release of both A Nightmare on Elm Street and Silent Night, Deadly Night. Truly a red letter day.

And even if not for those reasons, also on this day at some indeterminate distance in the past, the earth saw the unholy spawning of your favorite Nunsploitation-obsessed adventurous aristocrat and mine, his corpulence The Duke of DVD!*

*Strangely, today is also the birthday of an alarming number of adult film stars, including but not limited to Erin Moore, Gwenn, Cage, Olivia Saint, Alexxx Knight, Cassandra Wilde, Tyler Knight, Talon, and Hyapatia Lee. Coincidence? THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES ON THE INTERNET!

So let's all wish the Duke many happy returns, and hope for many more decades of delight, depravity, and unidentifiable odors. Happy birthday, Duke!

5 comments:

Tenebrous Kate said...

Happy birthday also to the doctrine of transubstantiation! Happy also also birthday to Ireland outlawing buggery! Hooray for wikipedia :D And in honor of all these important events, not the least of which is the anniversary of the goodly Duke's birth, here's a hott nun with a whip.

The Vicar of VHS said...

Holy crap! Thanks to the Empress's link I also learn that the Duke shares a birthday with Vicar fave Russian author Fyodor Dostoyevsky! And you know, come to think of it, I've never seen the two of them together... Hmmmm...

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Duke!

The Duke of DVD said...

Wow, I had no idea I shared my birthday with so many awesome people and things! Thanks for making my impending death a public spectacle, dear Vicar. I would have responded earlier, but the carriage just dropped me off, I having spent the evening at the bottom of a pile of naked, greased gypsy whores.

Of course, that had nothing to do with my birthday, and everything to do with Veteran's Day.

Thank you all for the well wishes. I must now pick up the phone and order a nun with a whip. I'm fresh out and Kate's picture has me salivating.

Fred said...

Happy belated birthday Duke. But please don't sic that "nott nun with a whip" on me cause I was late. My Jewish butt couldn't take it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails