Friday, February 5, 2010

Vicar-ious Fiction and Upcoming Projects

I must apologize, dear parishioners, for my absence this week, but rest assured I have good reason. Namely, after suffering a repetitive stress injury to my right forearm (that's the last time I follow 6 hours of movie note-taking with a 3-hour record-breaking run in the annual Sea Cucumber Bother-othon--I don't care what the grand prize is!), I've been giving the old typing tendons a rest. Hopefully by Monday I'll have made a full recovery and ready to take the cucumber well in hand again.

Lord Cthulhu is EXTREMELY pleased to see you

However, if you've got a hankering for Vicar-ious writing of a non-MAD nature, you can click on over to Pulp Engine and read a short story by yours truly that just went up on the site earlier this week. Body horror, anonymous sex, and allegory await you in the Vicar's fictive offering, "What You Made Me." Here's a direct link to the story, and please let me know what you think.

Also, big things are brewing for the Duke and myself, as we've accepted an invitation to participate in WildSideCinema.com's upcoming Paul Naschy memorial 'zine. Here's a press release with more information about the project, and of course you can keep watching Mad Mad Mad Mad Movies for updates as it moves along.

In the meantime, please continue to enjoy the Duke of DVD's excellent Bava series, and bone up on the archives in your spare time. As for me, I think it's time for my morning Mongolian Massage. (The Vicar loves a Happy Ending.)

Stay MAD!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails