Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Vicar-ious Vacation, and Sundry


So yeah, might as well get this tidbit out of the way first: today is the Vicar's Birthday. Whoop-de-freakin'-do. ;)

As it turns out, it's also the first day of my Summer vacation, so for the next 8-10 days I'll be lying on the sand like a beached whale, sipping Pina Coladas and roasting myself to a golden brown while reading up on the theology of the Sect of Betamax or penning my memoirs, Much of Madness, More of Sin while watching the narhwals frolic in the surf. My undisclosed va-cay lo-cay is a secluded Mad Mad Mad Mad Monastery serviced by the Sisters of Kinescope (saucy ones!) and removed from such technological niceties as "internets" and "sanitary wipes." All in all, a good time promised.

Fear not that this means a lack of MADness, however, as my compatriot the Duke of DVD has promised to take up some of the slack with an offering of his own unique wit and wisdom a few days hence. And upon my triumphant return, I reckon to be refreshed and ready to spew forth on more of the Mad Movies that are the reason for my calling. So catch up on the archives, wait for the good word from the Duke, and think of me fondly while I'm gone, as I will you.

In short: later, peeps. ;)

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Happy birthday, dude! Drink a margarita, or several, for me!

Michael Jarema said...

WTF, Yo? There's no rest for brilliance! Did Einstein nap after discovering electricity? Did Madame Curie go on holiday after she invented the telephone? Did Hitler invade France and say, "Now I'm taking some time just for Adolpho."
Ah well. Guess I can catch up on reading some, uh... Amazon reviews?

kindertrauma said...

Happy Birthday Vicar! enjoy your vacation! Aunt J and UNk L

Euchrid said...

happy birthday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails